At Toastmasters we start our meeting with the Pledge of Allegiance, standing at attention with our right hand over our heart and face the American flag hanging in the corner.
“I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.”,
Not being raised in America, gave me an opportunity to hear the pledge with adult ears and think about the words….One Nation under God……Liberty…. Justice for all…..
Does God see “One Nation under God” when He looks at America?
Do you think He cares that we are:
- The world’s largest arms dealer
- Largest consumer of illegal drugs
- We lead the world in incarcerated citizens. We are 5% of the World population and we have 25% of world prisoners.
- One in six black men had been incarcerated as of 2001 and African Americans now constitute nearly 1 million of the total 2.3 million incarcerated population.
- We are number 1 in defense spending and outspend the next 15 countries combined despite the fact that 13 are our closest allies.
- We send more missionaries preaching the “word of faith” RIPOFF to the poor in Africa and South America.
- We destabilized the Middle East – and then went home leaving 6 countries in ruins and millions dead. They have reason to hate us…..
- We are the largest creator and exporter of PORN to flood every smart phone on the planet – with a target age now of 10 years old….25% of all net traffic is porn.
- We kill more unborn than any other nation and promote and fund abortion here and overseas. The number of legal abortions performed in the United States is about 1.5 million per year. In the United States, we deliberately kill one of every four unborn babies.
- We allow the sale of human body parts, despite its laws that are supposed to protect against it.
- We promote the homosexual agenda, both domestically and internationally.
- We lead the advertising and media industry, to mislead consumers.
- We produce and promote poisonous food (banned all over except here) harming people and the environment.- G.M.O.’s and other poisons leading to an obese and undernourished nation.
We are not the greatest country in the world in any of the measures that matter.
- We are
- 7th in literacy,
- 27th in math,
- 22nd in science,
- 49th in life expectancy,
- 178th in infant mortality
America isn’t number one in:
The U.S. ranks 47th in press freedom, according to Reporters Without Borders.
The U.S. is 25th among 43 developing countries for the best place to be a mother.
The U.S. is only the 11th happiest country in the world, according Columbia University.
There are 21 countries better than America in freedom from corruption, according to Heritage.org.
The U.S. was ranked 24th in perceived honesty, according to Transparency.org.
The U.S. is an embarrassing 142nd out of 150 countries in infrastructure investment, according to the CIA World Factbook. Our infrastructure is old and falling apart.
The US growth rate of industrial production is ranked 79th,according to the CIA World Factbook…..It seems we shipped all those jobs overseas.
The US. is ranked 192nd, dead last, in the net trade of goods and services,according to the CIA World Factbook.
Personally, I think God cares less about our failing industrial production and being the greatest debtor nation in history.
He does care about a corrupt society, satiated in blood, drugs, and immorality.
Ezekiel 16:48-50 God compares Jerusalem to Sodom, saying “Sodom never did what you and your daughters have done.” He explains that the sin of Sodom was that “She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me.”
He further explains Jude 1:7…”Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange (Greek: different, other) flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of fire.”
If God is God, who changes not …He has three choices….
To remain Just and Righteous…God must…
- He has to destroy us.
- He must change Us (Revival).
- He must apologize to Sodom.